meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz chicken breast (100g per 3.5 oz) boneless, skinless
- 6 tbsp Bare Foods Soppin' Sauce or other sugar free sweetened zero-5 calorie type barbecue sauce
- 2 cups pearl onions peeled & halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup zucchini diced - AP
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced - AP
- 1 cup broccoli florets - AP
- Place each chicken breast in the center of a large piece of foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place 10 pearl onions (or 1 cup of sliced raw onions) in each packet. For AP version: divide the vegetables between the two foil packs.
- Brush each chicken breast with 3 tablespoons of Bare Foods Soppin Sauce
- Fold the foil over the chicken & vegetables, enclosing it completely.
- Place the foil packets on a hot grill for 25 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
How to peel pearl onions easily! Bring a pot of water to boil. Add pearl onions and blanch for 1-2 minutes. Drain and submerge in ice-water to cool. Cut off root of each onion and squeeze - pops right out of the skin! If the pearl onions are seeming like too much trouble, sub 2 cups sliced regular onion. This recipe can be made in an oven by baking the foil packets at 400F for 25 minutes Pierce the raw chicken breast all over with a fork and then marinate in the soppin sauce overnight. Continue with the recipe as written You can make this at the same time as the grilled cinnamon apple recipe. Macros listed are for SP version.
More Phase 2 hCG Diet Chicken Recipes!
Chicken Souvlaki with Zucchini Rounds
Chicken, Tomato & Green Onion Soup
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken, Roasted Fennel & Apple Soup
Mediterranean Baked Chicken Tomato Cups
I can’t wait to try this recipe as an AP option (I’m on 600 cal/day) but I find the “AP Macros a little confusing (guess word problems are not my strong point, LOL) . I want to cook 4 servings. Why is per serving 1/2 the recipe and how do I calculate for 4 servings??? TY
So you will put in “4” for the servings in the box and then it will make 4 servings for that recipe- does that make sense? The written recipe always make 2 servings in general- I just chose to design them that way since to me it’s a lot of work to make a P2 recipe that only feeds you once :)- I hope that helps!