meal components: protein + veggie
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 7 oz chicken breast cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups zucchini cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/8 cup Cucumber peeled, shredded
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh diced dill
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Place 3 tbsp lemon juice, oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, minced garlic and chicken breast in a large ziploc bag. Shake together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, dill and garlic together in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove from bag and alternate one piece of chicken and one piece of zucchini on a skewer. You should get about 4 skewers.
- Heat a grill and once heated, grill the skewers for 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with the tzatziki sauce while hot
Substitute Bell peppers or tomatoes for the zucchini (also adds great color!)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.