meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz shrimp (100g per 3.5 oz) peeled and deveined
- 2 zucchini medium sized - AP
- 2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional) - AP
- 2 tbsp white onion diced
- 2 tbsp canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest freshly grated
- 2 tsp jalapeño minced
- In a large bowl filled with cold water, soak zucchini for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini to boiling water and once the water begins to boil again, set aside to cool.
- Trim off the ends of the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides without cutting the skin, leaving a ¼-inch thick wall on all sides.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Chop shrimp into pea-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl with the garlic, basil, salt, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, white onion, diced tomatoes, lemon zest, and jalapeno.
- Grease a shallow baking pan with 1/4 tsp coconut oil. Add the zucchini boats to the pan and brush them with the remaining 1/4 tsp coconut oil.
- Stuff the zucchini with the shrimp mixture until heaping.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest 5 minutes before serving.
Coconut oil is optional. If keeping calories low, you can leave this out.
Are these shrimp cooked first? It doesn’t say….help!
all meats in all recipes are uncooked/raw to begin with- hope that helps!
This. Was. Delightful! I added a little more tomatoes and changed the basil to cilantro because that’s what I am growing. Truly, I can’t say enough about how delicious this meal was! I’m making it again for lunch today!
I’m so pleased to hear that Robin! Thanks so much for writing in to let us know that!
This was excellent!! I think it’s our new favorite. I chopped the zucchini that I had remove and put it in a dish with the shrimp mix that didn’t fit and placed it on the oven with the boats. When I plated the meal I simply divided the mixture between the two plates.
Hey Kathy – so glad you found a favorite! This was actually one of my faves as well. Perfect idea with the filling too!
How do we get the calories for your recipes. This was really good.
Hi Aleasha! The calories and macro information are always listed on the right hand sidebar on a computer, or towards the bottom on a mobile device. I hope that helps!