meal component: fruit
- 1 apple skin on, cut into rounds about ¼” thick
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp powdered stevia *
- Mix the vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl. Brush over apple slices.
- Grill the apple slices on a hot grill until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- AP Variation: Spray cooked slices with coconut oil.
- Mix cinnamon and stevia powder in a bowl then sprinkle over hot apple slices and serve.
Grilled apples can easily be made while also making chicken foil packets as both utilize the grill. Make the chicken foil packets first and while they are cooking, begin the grilled apples. *This is based on the Trim Healthy Mama stevia brand that I personally use and linked to in the recipe which is quite concentrated. Stevia potency really varies from brand to brand so you may need to adjust the level of stevia to more or less depending on which one you use. Macros listed are for SP version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.