meal components: protein + 1/8 fruit
You can make this a smoothie if you skip the freezing step!
- 7 oz cottage cheese (100g per 3.5 oz) fat-free
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 2 scoops powdered stevia *
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Puree in a blender cottage cheese, stevia, vanilla extract and coconut milk (if making the AP version). Makes about 1 cup total.
- Pour half of mix into 2 popsicle molds (should only fill about half of the popsicle mold), reserving about half of the mixture in the blender. Freeze for 1-2 hours- mix does not need to be frozen solid, just slightly firm.
- Add strawberries to the remaining mix and blend again. Pour into molds on top of plain frozen mix, add stick and return to freezer.
- Enjoy once frozen solid.
To keep things simple, make plain vanilla popsicles. Add 1 Tbsp cocoa powder to the plain mix for a chocolate strawberry pop. Try using other berries rather than strawberries. *This is based on the Trim Healthy Mama stevia brand that I personally use and linked to in the recipe which is quite concentrated. Stevia potency really varies from brand to brand so you may need to adjust the level of stevia to more or less depending on which one you use. Macros listed are for SP version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.