Meal components: fruit
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and core the apples, leaving enough of the core at the base of the apple to keep the spices in.
- Put the vanilla extract and caramel stevia into each apple.
- Mix the ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle a little into the core of each apple and spread around with your finger.
- Fill a 2-quart baking dish with about 1/4 cup water, or enough to cover the bottom. Place the apples upright in the dish. Bake until the apples are soft, about 60 minutes.
I read the following apples make best baked apples: Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, Mutsu, Winesap, Pink Lady (or Cripps Pink).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.