meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- 7 oz chicken breast (100g per 3.5 oz) boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 cups fennel thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups apple peeled, chopped
- 2 cups Fat Free, MSG-Free chicken broth SP Option: use water instead
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced onion SP Option: use no more than 2 tbsp per serving
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder or 1 Cinnamon Stick per 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt salt to taste- may need more for your taste buds
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms - AP
- 2 cups baby spinach loose
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let it sit while you chop the veggies and fruit.
- Add the chicken, fennel, onion, apple and garlic cloves to the instant pot. For AP Option, add mushrooms here.
- Add chicken broth, cinnamon or cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure and add the spinach and let sit for 5-10 minutes for spinach to gently cook with the residual heat.
- Follow the above steps but adding everything to slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- (If making AP version, add spinach to the soup and cook on low for another 20 minutes).
- Remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaf and serve while warm!
Garnish with lemon.
This soup freezes well so make extra and freeze for an easy dinner later on!
If making an AP version, add miracle rice to the soup for a heartier meal.
Macros listed are for SP version.
meal components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
*Use half of the amount of apple in the original recipe
Per serving: ½ recipe | 209 cal – 25 protein – 3 fat – 21 carbs – 15 net carbs ||