meal components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat and add sliced fennel. Do not stir but let the fennel begin to brown. Once bottoms of fennel have browned, add 2 tablespoons chicken broth and stir together once. Let broth evaporate and fennel begin to brown again. Add remaining broth and stir. Once the broth has cooked off, remove the pan from heat and set caramelized fennel aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, white balsamic, salt and pepper.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and add the dressing. Toss together and divide into two bowls.
- Top kale with caramelized fennel, grilled chicken and apple slices and enjoy!
Walden Farms Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette is a great dressing for this salad rather than using the homemade dressing
Using white wine vinegar macros:
- Per serving: 1/2 recipe | 250 cal – 25 protein – 10 fat - 16 carbs – 11 net carbs ||
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.