Meal components: protein + veggie
- Saute the onions with salt and italian seasoning with broth or coconut oil until soft and translucent. Add garlic at the end for the last minute of cooking(for AP Option). Let it cool - put in the fridge to cool faster if you choose.
- Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, salt and italian seasoning. Divide into 2 balls.
- Place one meat ball on a piece of plastic wrap, place more wrap on top and then either press it flat with your hand into a circle, or use a rolling pin, keeping it as circular as possible, until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Scoop 1/4 of the onion mixture into the center of the meat.
- Fold the meat in half, making a half circle, enclosing the onion filling. Press the edges of the meat together to seal.
- Place the meat pie on a foil lined sheet tray and then continue with the remaining meat and filling. You should have 2 half circle pies. The leftover onion mixture just place on the baking sheet and roast alongside the pies, then use as a topping for your meal.
- Bake pies in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Flip the pies over carefully and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Garnish with Fresh thyme.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.