Meal components: Protein + Veggie
- 2 cups cabbage
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp beef broth SP: use water instead
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 7 ounces ground beef
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free beef broth SP: use water instead
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Begin by making the cabbage rice. Grate the cabbage using a food processor fitted with a grating plate. It should be small and look about the size of rice!
- Pour the 4 Tbsp beef broth into saute pan along with the minced onion and garlic. Stir and cook until broth has evaporated and veggies begin to brown.
- Add riced cabbage to the pan, stir and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and add salt. Cook, stirring constantly for about 2-3 more minutes to dry out the cabbage and make it more rice-like. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef and chopped onion, breaking beef apart as it cooks.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until thick.
- Place cabbage rice in bowl and top with tomato beef mix. Serve hot!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.