Meal components: protein + fruit
- 7 oz lean ground chicken
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 scoops powdered stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Bakto strawberry extract
- 4 tbsp fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops powdered stevia
- Combine the ground chicken, salt and cinnamon. Divide into 2 balls.
- Combine the strawberries, balsamic, stevia, and cinnamon in a pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, stirring often and reduced by about half - 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and strawberry extract to the pot and stir. Let it cool.
- Place one meat ball on a piece of plastic wrap, place more wrap on top and then either press it flat with your hand into a circle, or use a rolling pin, keeping it as circular as possible, until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Scoop 1/2 of the strawberry mixture into the center of the meat (about 1/2 cup - or however much will fit) - use your hand to cup the meat and prevent the strawberry filling from spilling.
- Fold the meat in half, making a half circle, enclosing the strawberry filing. Press the edges of the meat together to seal. If there is extra filling just roast it alongside the meat pies and eat as a topping on top.
- Place the meat pie on a foil lined sheet tray and then continue with the remaining meat and filling. You should have 3 half circle pies.
- Bake pies in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Flip the pies over carefully and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- If you do not have strawberry extract, simply omit. - Lemon juice can replace balsamic vinegar for a brighter taste. - SP Option without the yogurt dip.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.