meal components: protein + veggie
- 4 cups Daikon spiralized or grated
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl. Add daikon and spices. Stir to combine.
- Heat a waffle iron and add ½ the daikon egg mixture to the waffle iron, depending on your waffle iron size. AP: Add 3 sprays of coconut oil if you have a waffle iron that requires greasing.
- Close and cook until the daikon and egg is golden.
- Serve while hot. Reheat 2nd serving as desired.
Waffle iron method works only with a non-stick waffle iron. If your waffle iron requires you to grease the plates, either use the coconut oil option or bake the daikon hash on a foil-lined sheet tray in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Veggie only recipe: Make this recipe with the daikon only, and if doing AP, add 3 sprays of coconut oil to the daikon before putting in a waffle iron. Note: because there is no binder, this falls apart fairly easily - however, if you lay it down thickly, it still creates a nice texture. Macros listed are for SP version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.