meal components: protein + veggie
- 1 tbsp minced lemongrass
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Thai Kitchen Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 7 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into two bite slices
- 1/4 cup packed Thai basil leaves
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, add lemongrass and garlic. Cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, ginger, tomato puree, fish sauce, and curry paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain stock through a fine mesh sieve, pressing down on the solids to get all the flavor out. Discard solids.
- Return soup to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, chicken and basil.
- Gently simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.