MEAL components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
- 7 oz ham (100g per 3.5 oz) *97% fat free sugar-free, diced (about 4 slices) - AP
- 1 cup apple diced
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprays Coconut Oil Spray AP
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic together with thyme and salt and set aside.
- Divide the spring mix between two bowls- 2 cups per bowl.
- Drizzle the balsamic mix over each bowl, dividing evenly.
- Spray each salad with two sprays of coconut oil.
- Lay slices of ham on a clean work surface.
- Lay 2-3 apple slices on top of the ham, letting them overlap. Roll the ham and apple together to form a rose.
- Place the roses on top of the salad and enjoy!
*It can be challenging to find sugar-free deli ham- your best bet is to look at a health food store, or Trader Joe’s (where I was able to get mine when I was on hCG). This is important though as many regular deli ham’s have a lot of sugar added to them. This recipe also works well with turkey slices rather than ham and other types of lettuce are also delicious!
Your photography and staging are stunning! What a treat, thank you.
thank you for sharing this!! I am running to TJ’s tomorrow for ham! so happy to have something to mix it all up!
Absolutely, yes!!! Thanks for dropping by, too 🙂
Li-an, Rayzel’s assistant