meal components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
- 7 oz ground chicken
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Simple Girl Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup pear sliced
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup onion sliced
- ¼ cup roasted garlic mashed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary chopped optional topping
- Add 4 Tablespoons water to a large skillet along with the onion slices. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the water has evaporated and the onions are beginning to brown on the bottom of the pan (about 8 minutes). Add another 4 tablespoons of water to the pan and let it cook off again, stirring occasionally. The onions should be nicely browned and caramelized. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mash together roasted garlic cloves, salt and rosemary to make the pizza sauce. Set aside
- Press chicken mix into an eight inch pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press again or use a rolling pin to make the chicken as flat and even as possible. Remove plastic wrap
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes, chicken crust will begin to brown
- Remove crust from oven and spread garlic sauce over the pizza and almost to the edge, leaving a 1/2 inch gap with no sauce.
- Evenly distribute pear slices and caramelized onions on the pizza. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and optional additional fresh chopped rosemary and serve hot.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.