meal components: protein + veggie
- 2 cups roughly chopped fennel bulb
- 1 cup roughly chopped green pepper SP Option: do not use
- 1 cup roughly chopped red pepper SP Option: do not use
- 2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 7 oz ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp freshly chopped sage
- 2 tsp fennel seed ground fine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together fennel, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Add mixture to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 10-20 min until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken, cooking for approx. 5 to 6 min, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks. Stir in basil, Dijon mustard and sage. Remove from heat.
- Add sausage to the roasted vegetables in a large serving dish. Serve immediately.
The chicken “sausage” recipe is the same as the one used in the Chicken Sausage and Fennel Soup! Simply make a double batch when you cook the sausage and you’ll be able to make both recipes.
To make it an SP recipe: remove green pepper and red pepper & use 1.5 cups more fennel
Macros listed are for AP version.
HCG DIET ADVICE:
—- ARTICLE: LOST WEIGHT LOADING (OR DIDN’T GAIN) – IS THAT OKAY? —-
—- ARTICLE: THE #1 REASONS FOR STALL ON THE HCG DIET —-