meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz chicken breast
- 20 asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 2 tsp roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine roasted garlic cloves, salt, pepper, oregano and basil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a flat work surface and put one chicken breast on top. Place another piece of plastic on top of it. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet until about ¼ inch thick. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Place flattened chicken breasts on a sheet tray lined with foil. Rub half of the garlic mixture across each piece of chicken.
- Place 10 asparagus spears in a small pile on each chicken breast. Roll the chicken around the asparagus and place the seam of the chicken down against the sheet pan.
- Pour 1 Tbsp of lemon juice across both chicken breasts (reserve 1 Tbsp for after baking).
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is browning and cooked through.
- Garnish with remaining lemon juice and serve hot.
Add sliced tomatoes to the wrap along with the asparagus for an extra veggie.