Meal components: Protein + Veggie
- 7 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½” cubes
- 1 lb asparagus spears cut into ½”
- 5 cups fat free chicken broth SP: use water instead
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Dash of hot sauce to taste
- thinly sliced green onion for garnish, SP: no garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the chicken for 4-5 minutes then lower heat to medium and add the asparagus, minced garlic, and onion.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is softened.
- Stir in the chicken broth, add a dash of baking soda to help retain the color of the asparagus, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender until creamy. (Alternatively, carefully transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.)
- Taste, adjust seasoning and/or add a dash of hot sauce, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with thinly sliced green onion, and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.