meal components: protein + veggie
- 3.5 oz halibut (100g per 3.5 oz)
- 3.5 oz shrimp (100g per 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock fat-free
- 1/2 cup bottled Clam juice - AP - this is calorie free seafood broth basically
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Dash of hot sauce to taste
- flat-leaf parsley Finely chopped, garnish
- Lemon wedges garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable stock and clam juice and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fish and shrimp and season with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and a dash of hot sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the fish and shrimp are cooked through.
- Divide into two bowls and garnish with finely chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
- Choose 1 protein only - halibut or shrimp and make it the full 7 oz per 2 servings.
- Replace clam juice with additional vegetable stock or water.
- Adjust onion to 2 tbsp minced onion per 2 servings.
- Increase crushed tomatoes to 1 1/2 cups per 2 servings.
I have enjoyed many of your P2 recipes, this is definitely one of my favorites. Wouldn’t have made it through P2 protocol without it.
Awww I’m so happy to hear this Erin, thank you for taking the time to let me know!