meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- 7 oz ground beef
- 2 apples cored and sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups celery shaved (for AP version, use only 2 cups)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast SP Option: do not use
- 1/8 tsp Bakto Maple Flavor
- 1 cup shaved radish
- 1/2 cup shaved fennel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Place Apple Slices on a sheet pan on top of a non-stick baking mat.
- Sprinkle apple slices with half of the spice mix.
- Bake apples for 5 minutes, remove from oven to flip then continue to bake for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Toss shaved celery, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and maple extract together and divide between two bowls. For AP recipe, also add radish and fennel together with the mix.
- Mix the ground beef, remaining spice mix and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Cook ground beef mix in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up the ground beef. Cook until there is no pink left, about 8 minutes.
- Divide the ground beef between the bowls then top with roasted apples. Serve warm.
Maple extract is delicious in the salad portion of the recipe as it adds sweetness and a subtle fall flavor however you can skip it if needed.
Granny smith and Fuji apples are both great for roasting.
Roast one apple as directed in the recipe then grate the remaining apple and mix it into the ground beef before cooking (just another variation).
Macros listed are for SP version.
HCG DIET ADVICE:
—- ARTICLE: PHASE 3 2-LB RULE OUT THE WINDOW #2 – STARTING EXERCISE IN PHASE 3 —-
—- MY HCG DIET RESULTS – ABOUT HCGCHICA —-
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.