meal component: veggie
- 4 cups sliced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes to taste optional
- 2 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- thinly sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the sliced Roma tomatoes and onions in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes (??...maybe shorter, depending on how thinly they’re sliced), until softened and golden brown.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes/onions, vegetable stock, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes in the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, until creamy and hot.
- Divide the soup into two bowls, top each with a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt, and garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil.
This would be tasty as a cold summer soup as well!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.