meal component: veggie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel with a vegetable peeler the outer stalks of celery on the head, without removing them from the base.
- Cut each head of celery in half lengthwise. Trim the tops (save the top leaf for garnish), keep the base intact. Place the celery head halves, cut side up, in a baking pan with sides high enough to contain the broth.
- Sprinkle the celery with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the chicken broth and cover with foil.
- Braise in the oven until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with the reserved celery leaves.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.