meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz top sirloin or other very lean cut of beef - remove all visible fat
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 medium tomatoes cut in half around the equator
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, make the marinade by stirring together garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, cumin, oregano, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne pepper and ginger.
- Cut beef into chunks that are 2-inch longs and ⅔-inch thick. Rub meat with the marinade. Add to a ziplock bag and marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add meat to a small baking dish with half of the excess marinade from the bag. Cover the dish with foil.
- In a shallow baking dish, place halved tomatoes, cut side up. Brush each tomato with balsamic vinegar on top.
- Add both baking dishes to the oven. Bake sirloin for 20-30 minutes or until done, and tomatoes for 1 hour until the tomatoes are deep brown in color.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle tomatoes with basil.
- Serve meat with tomatoes on the side.
Make a double batch of the meat and use the extra to top salad greens for lunch during the week!
HCG DIET ADVICE:
—- ARTICLE: PURPOSE OF PHASE 3 ON THE HCG DIET: DISCOVER FOOD SENSITIVITIES —-
—- ARTICLE: 6 REASONS THIS DIET IS HARD – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW —-
It’s so wonderful to have this recipe resource-thank you! It would be amazing if there was either a search function or a way to login and favorite recipes.
Hey! There is actually a search bar on the desktop version of the site but I didn’t realize it’s not viewable on devices! We will fix that.