meal component: veggie
- 4 cups white button mushrooms sliced - AP
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white onion minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups beef broth fat free
- 2 tbsp half and half fat free - AP
- Coconut Oil Spray - AP
- parsley Finely chopped for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and spray with the coconut oil spray.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and onion to the pot and continue sautéing for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir in the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the half and half and blend with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth).
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
This soup was delicious and filling. I swapped out the half and half because I didn’t have it and used 1 tbs of greek yogurt. I also added 1/2 t of psyllium husk powder to make it a bit thicker. That was perfect.
Wonderful addition on the psyillium! So glad you enjoyed it. It’s super cold here where I’m at today and would perfect soup for this weather. Thanks for writing!
If you added 100 g of pureed cottage cheese to this soup to make it more like a bisque, it could be a vegetable and a protein.
Yes definitely and I love that idea! We have another soup recipe like that with a different P2 veggies somewhere on here lol.
OMG!!! This looks so delicious… I’m going to make this tomorrow 🙂 25 days 26 pounds down!!!!!!
wow great results so far Lisa!! So happy to hear.
I love mushrooms and I love this soup!! Fantastic flavor and just what I needed, as I tend to be a little cold on hcg. I didn’t have any nonfat cream, so I added a little coconut oil (doesn’t seem to affect my weight loss on hcg) and it was perfectly creamy. I would eat this after P2!! Thanks!
I’m so glad Heidi! I love mushrooms too. My final round of hCG I ate a lot of mushrooms lol. Thanks for commenting!
Thanks for the hint about using the yogurt. I wonder if that works for plain almond milk yogurt?
I’m not sure but if it has that sour kick, seems like it would work too!