Meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 2 scallions sliced and separated (45 grams)
- 1 tbsp garlic sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 medium zucchini about 3 Cups, shaved into long thin ribbons with peeler
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Sprinkle the chicken with half of the salt. Wrap the chicken breast in foil and place on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center. Allow to cool and then shred the chicken using two forks. Set aside. ALTERNATIVE INSTANT POT METHOD: 1” water in bottom, trivet, chicken in foil, high manual pressure for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the chicken broth and add scallion whites, garlic and the rest of the salt. Cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add chili powder and cook for another minute.
- Turn the heat off and add the chicken to the pan. Add 1/2 cup salsa and stir.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and use a large vegetable peeler to shave long zucchini ribbons. Make about 18 zucchini ribbons.
- Lay three zucchini ribbons on a flat surface, overlapping slightly. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mix in near the bottom of the zucchini. Roll the zucchini up around the filling. Place the zucchini roll in a deep baking dish.
- Roll the remaining zucchini and filling, lining all of the rolls in baking dish.
- Pour the remaining salsa on top of the zucchini and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and reserved scallion greens.
- 1 tsp of hot sauce can also be added to the chicken mix along with the salsa for a spicier version. - Ground Beef will also be delicious rather than shredded chicken.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.