meal components: protein + veggie
- 2 Eggs large
- 6 Egg Whites (for egg white liquids use ¾ cup per 6 egg whites)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp chicken broth SP Option: use water instead
- 1 tbsp white onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 2 pinch black pepper
AP ingredient variations:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced - AP
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast - AP
- 1 tsp coconut oil - AP
AP ingredient variations:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk and egg whites. Add chives, parsley, ¼ tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper. Mix well to combine. Set aside. For AP add nutritional yeast.
- Add onion, garlic and tomatoes to large ovenproof frying pan with broth. Add ¼ tsp salt and pinch of pepper. Cook on low for 3-4 minutes until tender. For AP, add spinach or replace 1 cup of tomato with red pepper or red onion. Cook vegetables in coconut oil.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan over tomatoes. Turn heat to medium and let mixture settle for 2-3 mins. Loosen cooked egg from the sides of the pan allowing any uncooked egg to seep down.
- When the egg looks almost completely cooked but still a little unset in the center, transfer pan to the oven to finish cooking through completely – about 5 minutes.
Batch cooking tip or Alternate Cooking Method Option:
- Stir cooked and cooled vegetable mixture into the uncooked egg mixture and pour into individual muffin tray cups. Oven bake to create mini egg muffins.
Watch the heat when cooking the omelette to ensure it does not burn.
Macros listed are for SP version.
Rayzel- I made this & it was delicious! I ended up putting it into the mini muffin trays & baking so that it created lil’ egg muffins & was easier to eat when on the “GO”. My only confusion is the serving size… It says 2 servings but what does the 2 servings entail? I really need to know this answer in the form of the mini muffin trays. If I weigh just 1 mini muffin on the scale, it’s generally about 2.2 oz. I am down 30 lbs & will be starting P3 maintenance soon & plan to purchase your plan. I just really enjoyed this specific dish & wanted to be for certain with the calorie/serving size. Thank you!!! 🙂
Hello! Sorry I know it can be tricky figuring out servings sometimes- my best recommendation is when you are making the dish, check the volume- as weight and volume will vary a bit since veggies and eggs might have a little more or less liquid or volume from time to time, so the best best for this is to combine all your ingredients in a carafe that has measurements on it – then say if your whole batch is like 4 cups of mixed up egg and veggies etc, and it serves 2 say, then you know 2 cups of it is 1 serving and how you divide that 2 cups into your muffin tins is up to you – you would just keep track while you’re pouring how many tins the 2 cups fills and that’s one serving – like that- does that make sense? That’s just an example I don’t know how much volume it actually makes like I said it will vary.