meal components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
- 7 oz ground chicken (100g per 3.5 oz) lean
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Bare Foods Soppin' Sauce
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 apple
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast AP
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken and salt.
- Add 4 Tablespoons water to a large skillet along with the onion slices. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the water has evaporated and the onions are beginning to brown on the bottom of the pan (about 8 minutes). Add another 4 tbsp of water to the pan and let it cook off again, stirring occasionally. The onions should be nicely browned and caramelized.
- Press chicken mix into an eight-inch pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press again or use a rolling pin to make the chicken as flat and even as possible. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes, chicken crust will begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and spread BBQ sauce over the crust, push sauce evenly around chicken crust leaving about 1/2 inch from the edge with no sauce (so you will be able to hold your pizza slice).
- Evenly distribute caramelized onions and apples - bake another 15 minutes.
- Add arugula and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and return to oven for 4-5 more minutes. Serve while hot.
- Walden farms has a variety of BBQ sauces that could also be used in place of the soppin sauce. Walden farms Honey BBQ makes a great, sweeter version of this pizza recipe.
- Try sliced plums rather than apple slices.
- Use a pizza pan rather than a pizza stone as the 'crust' will have a tendency to stick to it. If you only have a stone, place a piece of parchment on the stone first, then press the crust on top.
Made this today absolutely delicious!!! I used garlic powder garlic salt and Weber chicken pepper dry rub in meat. I didn’t have arugula. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
So glad you enjoyed it!
Made this for lunch. Seemed like a lot of toppings, but it was yummy. Looking forward to trying other meatzas, such a great idea.
I still remember the day I came across the meatza idea- my mind was blown lol and the rest is history.
I had this today and it was so delicious! Thank you for sharing with everyone.
You’re welcome Amy! I loved this one too. 🙂
I loved this and make it often!
I really like the plum slices suggestion
Wondering how that will work on P2
I would love another fruit option
If that is AP or better saved for after P2?
I think you could definitely give it a try and see how it goes. That is definitely AP but I say go for it and see!