meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes SP Option: use no more that 2 tbsp per serving
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa (no oil or sugar), depending on preference
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and cut in half
- 1/2 small orange bell pepper seeded
- 1/2 tsp lime juice in lieu of lemon juice listed above
- Combine dressing ingredients (for AP version, use lime juice instead of lemon). Set aside.
- In a ziplock bag, combine chicken, mustard, oregano and salt. Let sit in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Light the grill and heat to medium heat.
- Halve each romaine heart vertically. Set aside.
- Add the chicken (for AP version, also add peppers) to the grill. Cook until cooked through, approx. 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and slice into strips (for AP version, dice peppers).
- Grill romaine heart halves, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken (for AP version, diced peppers) over grilled romaine with tomatoes, onions and dressing.
You can also grill the chicken, peppers (for AP) and romaine hearts on a grill pan if you don’t have a grill. Simply heat the pan to medium-high heat and cook according to instructions.
Macros listed are for SP version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.