meal components: protein + veggie
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, whites, water, salt, pepper and 1 ½ Tbsp of the chopped basil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomato, onion, garlic and remaining basil.
- Pour the whisked egg mix into a hot, non stick pan. Lower the stove heat to low and cover the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid on the pan and use a spatula to go around the edge of the pan, lifting the egg up to loosen.
- Flip the egg over to brown the other side.
- Place the tomato mix on one side of the omelette in the pan and then fold the other side over the top of the tomato mix.
- Cover the pan again and cook for another 2-3 minutes, making sure eggs are completely set.
- Cut the omelette in half and serve while hot with the balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top.
You can easily make two smaller omelettes rather than one large omelette by cooking half the egg mix at a time.