meal components: veggie + fruit
- Place diced apples and shallot on a sheet tray lined with foil. Spray with coconut oil spray and toss to coat.
- Bake apples and shallot in a 450 degrees oven for 10 minutes or until shallot begins to turn a light brown.
- Place baked apples and shallot in a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar and orange zest. Set aside
- Heat vegetable broth in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for one minute.
- Add beet greens to pan and saute for about a minute or until they begin to wilt.
- Add cider vinegar and salt and toss. Remove from heat.
- Toss wilted greens with baked apple mix and serve warm
You can skip baking the apples if you would like a crunchier apple (which adds a nice texture to the dish).
Rather than bake the shallots and apples, you can saute them with another 2 Tbsp of vegetable broth until soft then omit the coconut oil.
Make a complete meal by adding 3.5 oz grilled chicken
Macros listed is for the version without the coconut oil.
with coconut oil macros: 174 calories - 9 protein - 6 fat - 37 carbs - 28 net carbs
Umm, does anyone else think the bowl looks edible and delicious in the ROASTED APPLE ONION BEET GREEN SALAD pic? Can you tell I’m near the end of a 46 day round… 🙂
Haha I hear ya girl! I felt so DONE by the end lol!