meal components: protein + veggie
- 1 cup onion diced fine
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cups bottled Clam juice
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp milk
- 7 oz lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add onion and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Increase temperature to medium and add garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add white vinegar and cook until it evaporates, approx. 1 minutes.
- Add clam juice, tomatoes, Old Bay seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until simmering and thickened slightly, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir in milk. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add crab meat and parsley, stirring to incorporate. Serve warm.
Consider freezing this soup in individual servings for easy reheating and serving!
SP version: use water instead of clam juice and skip the onions
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.