Meal components: veggie
- 30 button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 scoop powdered stevia
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp coconut oil optional
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, onion, shallot, salt, oregano, thyme, stevia powder and garlic (coconut oil and pepper flakes as well if using). Bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a container and chill. Serve cold.
- Parsley is also very good rather than using oregano and thyme.
- These keep well in the fridge for about a month when stored in the cooking liquid and will develop more flavor. You can also can and preserve them.
- 30 button mushrooms should be about one pound.
- Coconut oil is not necessary but definitely eliminates some of the ‘tangy’ in these mushrooms(It will add 120 calories and 14g fat per serving). You can also use 1/4 cup of vegetable broth to cut the strong taste as well rather than coconut oil.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.