meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz shrimp (100g per 3.5 oz) raw, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup spinach fresh leaves
- 1.5 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast AP
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp water or more as needed to thin out depending on preference
- Add the shrimp, salt, lemon juice, and dried parsley to a ziplock bag. Marinade for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp with marinade to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add the pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Add more water to thin out as needed.
- Serve the shrimp with pesto.
I chose to use larger shrimp for this recipe, but you could smaller shrimp too- whatever you feel like! For larger shrimp, you’ll get about 3-4 shrimp for the 100g serving. For smaller shrimp, you will get more like 6-10 shrimp per serving.
I recommend making a bulk size of the pesto because it can be a challenge to blend up tiny amounts of ingredients. It will be much easier if you double or triple the recipe and save some for later.
You can adjust how thick you like your pesto simply by adding more water to thin out the mixture as needed.
During the summer months, consider adding the shrimp to skewers and grilling them outside!
HCG DIET ADVICE:
—- ARTICLE: WHY NOT TO BE TOO RUSHED ON THE HCG DIET —-
—- INTERVIEW: BELLA LOST OVER HALF THE FAT ON HER BODY —-
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.