Meal components: protein + veggie
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 tbsp carrots sliced
- 1 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 package (6.9 oz) Miracle Noodles rinsed
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 lime slices
- Begin by making the eggs. Place eight eggs in the shells in a small pot and fill with water so eggs are covered by an inch of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn off heat and let eggs sit in hot water. After 4 minutes, remove two of the eggs and set aside in a bowl. After 15 minutes total, remove the remaining eggs from the pot and place in a separate bowl. Chill all the eggs.
- Place onion and ginger slices on a lined sheet tray and put in a preheated broiler for 3 minutes to char.
- In a large pot, bring the beef stock to a boil. Add carrots, star anise, cinnamon, charred onion and charred ginger. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and mushrooms and stir.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise from the broth.
- Add the noodles to the pot and cook for 2 minutes to heat. Divide the broth and noodles between two bowls.
- Peel the 6 eggs that are well cooked and slice them in half. Discard the solid yolk and place the whites into the pho. Peel the soft boiled eggs, slice each egg in half and place one whole egg (2 slices) in each bowl of broth.
- Garnish each bowl with green onions, cilantro, basil, one lemon slice and one lime slice.
- Zucchini noodles would also work well instead of miracle noodles.
- Add asparagus in place of half the mushrooms.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.