meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz ground beef (100g per 3.5 oz) 95% lean
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes canned
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sprays Coconut Oil Spray SP Option: do not use
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers* small - AP
- parsley Finely chopped for garnish
- Substitute endive for the red bell pepper. Reduce cooking time to 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl or dish, soak the raw ground beef in a mixture of ½ cup water + 1/8th tsp baking soda for 15 minutes (this soften lean tough meat significantly). THOROUGHLY rinse in a mesh sieve/colander when done.
- While the beef soaks, Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice off the top of the bell pepper, remove the seeds and stems. Place the two pepper halves in a baking dish.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the ground beef, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Season with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté the beef until it is no longer pink, then evenly divide the mixture between the two peppers. This should be about 1 cup of mixture into each pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bell pepper is tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
*Try to find peppers with a fairly flat bottom so they will sit upright while baking like little cups. NOTE: the 1 spray of coconut oil adds 10 calories/1g fat for the recipe, so if you do not use, knock off 5 calories/.5g fat per serving for the total. Macros listed are for AP version.
Wow. The stuffed pepper recipe is so delicious and easy. It was hard to eat only one! Thank you.
I’m so glad you enjoyed! I know that’s the only problem on P2 lol is when something is actually tasty that you can’t fill up on it bummer. I’m glad it was easy too- this seems like one of those one you could make like 6 peppers and eat them all week or something and not have to cook much.
Awesome and delicious! Everyone in my house loved it! This is the second recipe I tried that I truly love!
Aww I’m so glad to hear that! I love stuffed peppers too.
What about adding some riced cauliflower to the mix?