Meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 7 oz chicken breast chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups apples chopped
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 scoop powdered stevia
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup chicken stock SP Option: use water instead
- Add the chicken, 1/4 cup chicken stock, oregano and 1/4 tsp salt to a large cast-iron skillet and saute over medium until chicken is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining chicken broth and celery to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the apple, rosemary, garlic, cinnamon and remaining salt. Cook for 10 minutes until celery and apples are soft.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the maple extract, coconut aminos, and vinegar. Cook for 2 more minutes, then serve.
- Be sure to use a crispy variety of apple as they will hold up better when cooked (honey crisp, gala etc). - The recipe is written for 2 servings. If you want to cook more - you’ll have to adjust the amount of ingredients.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.