meal components: protein + veggie + 1/2 fruit
- 7 oz ground chicken
- 1 tsp freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup your favorite type of sprouts
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add basil leaves, parsley leaves, lemon juice, 1 Tbsp water, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. If the mixture is to thick, add water 1 tsp at a time until the desired pesto consistency. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add lemon slices. Grill on both sides for approximately 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, chives, and tarragon. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking sheet and flatten into a round, thin circle. Wrap a wooden rolling pin with parchment paper and gently roll out the meat. Try not to tear the meat.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Use a paper towel to soak up the juices before flipping the crust.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top pizza with pesto.
- Add a layer of mixed greens on top, then a layer of sliced apple, followed by grilled lemon slices and sprouts. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.