Meal components: protein + veggie
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and cook until the onions are soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and spices. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 5 to 8 minutes. Once the sauce is thickened, add in kale. Cook until the kale wilts.
- Create 8 craters in the mixture and add a whole egg/egg whites into each one.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until eggs are cooked through but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
- This is a fantastic brunch recipe to bring to a party like a baby or wedding shower. Be sure to add the eggs and finish it off in the oven when you arrive, to ensure the eggs come out perfectly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.