Meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz pan seared shrimp
- 8 leaves Romaine
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 2 cup shredded radicchio
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 scoop liquid stevia
- In medium bowl, make the slaw by mixing onion, salt, black pepper, ginger, liquid stevia and vinegar. Add shredded romaine and radicchio and cilantro and toss well. Set aside.
- In large saute pan, add 2 Tbsp of water and heat over medium. Add shrimp, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt.
- Cook shrimp for about 2 minutes, flip and cook for two minutes more. Shrimp should be pink.
- Add fresh oregano and lemon juice and stir.
- Lay half of romaine leaves on a clean work surface. Place a second leaf flat on top of the first, doubling the leaves for the roll.
- Divide the shrimp between the romaine leaves and then divide the slaw between the rolls. Roll lettuce around the filling like a burrito. Enjoy while the filling it hot or let chill and eat cold.
- Spread salsa on the romaine leaf before adding the shrimp. - Use lime juice in place of lemon juice.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.