Meal components: protein + veggie
- In a bowl, mix together ground chicken, fennel seeds and minced garlic.
- Heat a stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot add chicken “sausage” and cook until browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes, making sure to crumble it up as it cooks.
- Stir in onion, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and coriander. Cook until onions are softened, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add Spinach for an additional 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Serve warm.
- If you have a large pot, try to make a double or triple batch! It’s great to freeze in individual servings for nights you don’t want to cook. - When pouring the stock into the pot, deglaze the pot and scrape up those yummy bits! - There is an AP version of this soup with miracle noodles and kale instead of spinach.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.