Meal components: protein + veggie
- Use a sharp peeler to shave the celery into long, thin ribbons. Place the ribbons in ice water with ½ a lemon and let sit for an hour (or longer) in the fridge.
- Place chopped celery, mace, nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt and water in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes.
- Mix glucomannan in a small bowl with 2 tbsp water then add to simmering celery. Cook for one minute while stirring.
- Puree the sauce with a hand blender or regular blender then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken, minced garlic and salt.
- Press the chicken mix into an eight-inch pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press again or use a rolling pin to make the chicken as flat and even as possible. Remove the plastic wrap
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes, chicken crust will begin to brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread with the celery sauce. Place back in the oven for one minute to heat.
- Drain the celery ribbons, discarding the water and lemon.
- Top the pizza with celery ribbons and enjoy.
- Celery ribbons can be made a day ahead of time and left to soak - they will get nice and crunchy this way! - The recipe is written for 2 serving. You’ll need to adjust the ingredients in the recipe if you want to cook more.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.