Meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- If you have a smoker, preheat it to 225 degrees F then add the applewood to the smoker box. If you are using a gas grill, wrap the wood chips in a foil packet and poke a few holes in the top of the foil. Place the foil packet in the center of your grill and preheat your grill to 225 degrees F. Once the wood begins to smoke, move it to the corner of the grill and keep the grill lid closed.
- Mix the chicken and seasoning salt in a small bowl using your hands, then form two large patties.
- Place patties directly on smoker/grill rack, close and cook for 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Remove the burgers from the smoker and place on top of double romaine lettuce leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries. Lemon juice, onion, cilantro, pepper and salt and toss together.
- Scoop salsa on top of burgers.
- Place extra romaine leaves on top of burgers and completely enclose burger and salsa with leaf. Enjoy!
- AP Option: add chopped bell pepper to strawberry salsa. - You can also make 4 mini burgers instead of two large. - Do not soak the wood prior to cooking as this will slow the smoking process. Soaking the wood is ideal for foods that will smoke longer (whole chicken for example) that need the wood to last several hours.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.