Meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- Pat the sirloin dry with a clean paper towel. Place it on a dish and coat with the Kosher salt. Cover and place in fridge for 24 hours to tenderize.
- Remove from fridge and brush off the salt.
- If you have a smoker, preheat it to 225 degrees F then add the applewood to the smoker box. If you are using a gas grill, wrap the wood chips in a foil packet and poke a few holes in the top of the foil. Place the foil packet in the center of your grill and preheat your grill to 225 degrees F. Once the wood begins to smoke, move it to the corner of the grill and keep the grill lid closed.
- Place the steak in a grill pan and then inside the smoker. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Place halved, pitted peaches and the halved shallots in a grill pan and inside the smoker for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time.
- Remove everything from the smoker. Let the meat sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the champagne vinegar, tarragon leaves, salt and pepper. Mince smoked shallot and whisk in as well. Toss in arugula and coat. Divide between two plates.
- Slice the peaches and divide between plates.
- Slice the steak and place on top of the salad. Enjoy!
- Make sure to keep an eye on the grill or smoker temperature and do not let it go over 225. You want the meat to cook slowly to absorb all the smoky flavor from the wood.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.