Meal components: protein + fruit
- 2 3/4 cups halved strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 scoops powdered stevia
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or gluccomannan LSP - optional
- 7 oz fat free cottage cheese
- Place the strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and stevia and mix well.
- Gently mash the strawberries with a large fork until desired level of chunkiness is reached. (Alternatively, you could use an immersion blender if a smooth sauce is desired.)
- Allow the sauce to come a simmer, then lower the heat to low and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the stevia, then xanthan gum or gluccomannan, mix well, and remove from heat.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely before serving over cottage cheese.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.