meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz top sirloin steaks (100g per 3.5 oz)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt might need more salt
- 4 cups celery sliced, cut diagonally into 1” pieces
- 1/2 cup beef stock SP Option: use water instead
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- Place the black peppercorns in a ziplock bag and crush using a meat mallet or heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Combine the crushed peppercorns, garlic powder, dried parsley, and salt in a small bowl.
- Coat each steak evenly with the peppercorn mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with coconut oil spray(This will make it AP). If not using oil, using a dry pan and sear the meat, and deglaze with a little water or broth periodically to prevent burning.
- Add the celery to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender. Deglaze as needed.
- Add the beef broth, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes, until most of the beef stock has evaporated.
- While the celery simmers, heat another pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sear the steaks for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Top with fresh minced garlic. Possibly brush teeth later. ;)!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.