meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz ground beef (100g per 3.5 oz) lean
- 2 cups zucchini noodles AP, raw
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast AP
- fresh basil thinly sliced, as garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the ground beef in the skillet for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper and mix well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- While the meat sauce simmers, quickly sauté the zucchini noodles in a separate pan until tender and heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini noodles into two bowls and top each with half of the meat sauce, 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast, and garnish with fresh basil.
How do we know how many calories these are? Looks delicious Can you use 2 veggie in this?
Hi Mary! The nutrition info is listed on every recipe either on the side or bottom of the recipe- let me know if you don’t see it still okay?
I made this for dinner tonight and it was DE-LI-CIOUS (in the singing voice!). My husband and I loved it. Just the thing to eat on an unusually cold Spring day. This has definitely made the rotation. Thanks for a great recipe!
Hey Rena! Heehee love that singing voice- I can totally hear it :)-.
I made with ground chicken and this was fabulous!
So happy to hear it Jen!