Meal Components: Fruit
One of the blessings of being in contact with so many people in the HCG diet community through my blog is they share things with me- whether it’s their hCG weight loss results, a tip for traveling while on the diet, or a snack idea.
A fellow hCGer named Andrea emailed me the other day with something to share. She said, “Here’s something that helped keep me a bit sane… I cut up strawberries in pieces and place in a baggie, add a few drops Chocolate/Raspberry Stevia, and freeze the individual baggies. Sort of like
Ummmm, yeah girl!
I asked her permission to try it out and post it on here if it was that good. Obviously it was, since you’re seeing it here now. Call me crazy, but it really did taste like chocolate covered strawberries.
Not only that, it’s what I like to call a “no-recipe” recipe- meaning it doesn’t really take any work. That’s the kind of cooking I like! Especially for a snack. So THANKS again Andrea! (personal thank you from my son in the recipe video).
Feel free to PIN this pic btw! I went to all this trouble to make it pretty, so do it or else! Just kidding….kinda.
- Put strawberries into a ziplock bag
- Cut strawberries in half and place cut side up on cookie sheet
- Place 2-3 drops of Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia on each strawberry
- Kind of smooth it across the top with finger
- Stick in the freezer
- Cut 1 quart Strawberries in half into a quart ziplock bag
- Sprinkle 2-3 droppers full Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia
- Close bag and kind of “smoosh” around to spread the stevia on strawberries.
- Freeze- lay bag somewhat flat so strawberries don’t stick together too much.
- Eat- on P2 the amount is probably 5-ish strawberries per serving.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.