meal component: protein
- 7 oz fat free cottage cheese (about 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp egg white
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp glucomannan powder
- fresh parsley garnish optional
- Stain cottage cheese through cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. You need to REALLY squeeze a Discard liquid.
- Place cheese in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well to fully combine.
- Place dough into a piping bag with a very large circle tip (or cut the tip of the piping bag off so the hole is about ¼ of an inch).
- Boil a large pot of plain water,
- Pipe the gnocchi into the boiling water, cutting off the dough as it comes out to be about a ½ inch long logs.
- Boil for about 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi float.
- Serve plain with some parsley or pair with your favorite HCG tomato sauce.
Most gnocchi is rolled out and cut instead of piped and if your dough is thick enough, you can do this instead of piping it into the water- each batch may vary depending on how much water is removed with the cheese cloth which determines how soft the dough is.