meal component: fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup seltzer lemon flavored, unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia *
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup raspberries AP
- 1 cup strawberries
- Puree strawberries(and raspberries if making the AP variation), lemon juice, lemon zest and mint together. Set aside.
- Boil seltzer, water and stevia together. Pour over the strawberry puree and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a metal bowl or pan and freeze.
- Remove from freezer every hour and stir frozen pieces into the center of the pan using a fork. As the mix freezes, continue to use the fork to scrape the granita, making flaky crystals.
- Once frozen solid, use a fork to "fluff" the granita and scrape into bowls. Serve or cover and keep frozen.
Substitute Mint with dried lavender or use 1 tbsp lavender and 1 tbsp mint. To do this, powder the lavender in a spice grinder before adding to the recipe, OR simmer lavender petals in the seltzer water for 15-20 minutes, then strain, throw away the petals and proceed with recipe. Strawberry, orange and lime flavored seltzer all work well Make a large batch as this will keep in the freezer for up to two months if covered. *This is based on the Trim Healthy Mama stevia brand that I personally use and linked to in the recipe which is quite concentrated. Stevia potency really varies from brand to brand so you may need to adjust the level of stevia to more or less depending on which one you use. Macros listed are for SP version.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.