meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz scallops approx 3 medium scallops per serving
- 2 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 24 oz thin asparagus spears trimmed (4.3per serving, weighed raw)
- 1/2 cup Simple Girl Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a foil lined sheet tray with edges.
- Pour dressing over asparagus along and sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss to cover asparagus in the mix.
- Bake asparagus in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Cook the scallops while the asparagus is in the oven.
- In a large sauté pan, heat vegetable broth and garlic. Cook until the garlic is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the scallops and rosemary. Cook scallops for 2 minutes on each side or until no longer translucent. Add lemon juice.
- Serve scallops alongside cooked asparagus and garnish asparagus with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.